Herron-Morton Place Association
The Herron-Morton Place Association was formed in 1976 as a 501(c)(4) corporation to spearhead the renovation of homes, encourage new residential development and promote the common good and general welfare of the neighborhood.
The Association coordinates beautification efforts, monitors crime, promotes safety, stimulates arts and culture, contributes to historic preservation, supports diversity and provides educational, charitable, and social programs for the neighborhood.
The Association consists of a nine-member Board of Directors, several committees and members. Meetings are held 8 times a year and are open to all residents. We encourage all interested parties to attend the meetings because they are a great way to keep up to date on the neighborhood. Please check out the Herron-Morton Place Calendar for the meeting schedule and details.BECOME A NEIGHBORHOOD VOLUNTEER
- to promote the common good and general welfare.
- to bring about civic betterments and social improvements
- to provide educational, charitable and - recreational programs and other needed community services for the benefit of the residents of the Neighborhood.
- to preserve the Neighborhood taking steps necessary to retain the area as residential.
- strive to restore the Neighborhood as a historic area. Encourage property owners to restore their property to its original state.
The Association and Foundation are complimentary groups working for the benefit of residents of Herron-Morton Place.
President - Larry Waskom
Vice President - Tony Shuler
Treasurer - Tammy Shuler
Vice Treasurer - Jim Warner
Secretary - Jodie Floyd
At Large - Alex Liby
At Large - Dan Wheeler
At Large - Chris Harrell
Membership - Tony Shuler, Anne Waskom
Talbot Street Art Fair - Tammy Shuler, Anne Waskom
Land Use - Brandon Burke, Chris Harrell
Diversity - Open
Beautification - Mike Achacoso
Urban Times - Jodie Floyd
Social - Leah Luke, Amy VonDielingen, Todd Foushee
Finance - Tammy Shuler
Grievance Chris Harrell
Foundation Liaison - Dan Wheeler