City of Indianapolis Services & Information
Residents can connect with representatives from City agencies at monthly membership meetings. Attendees from IMPD, Marion County Public Health, and the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office are regularly in attendance, as well as our Neighborhood Advocate from the Mayor’s Office. Other City services and information can be found at herron-morton.com or indy.gov. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for help connecting with City representatives.
Be a good neighbor! In order to keep all areas easily accessible, please put your trash and/or recycle bins away after pick up.
- Weekly trash collection is on Thursday.
- DPW can be contacted at 317-327-4000
- More information available at www.indy.gov
Heavy Trash Collection
- Heavy trash collection is on the fourth Thursday of every month.
- Up to two items of heavy trash will be collected each month.
- The following items are acceptable for heavy trash:
- Large yard waste: Tie limbs, shrubbery cuttings, etc., in bundles no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet. Each bundle counts as one heavy trash item.
- Bags of trash and bags of leaves: Each bag counts as one heavy trash item.
- Tires with rims
- Appliances without freon gas: Stoves, water heaters, and water softeners
- Lawn mowers: Drain of all fluids.
- Disassembled bicycles and swing sets
- Television shells: Remove all tubing inside.
If your weekly trash is collected by DPW and you would like to subscribe to curbside recycling, call Republic Services at 317-917-7300.
Fall Leaf Season Collection
- Each household is permitted 40 bags of leaves for weekly disposal.
- Place leaves in large plastic trash bags, specially-built large paper lawn-waste bags, and/or bag leaves and place your regular trash cart.
- Place the leaf bags out by 7 a.m. on your regular trash day.
- Keep all leaf bags at least three feet away from cart collection areas to ensure trucks can service the carts.
Christmas Tree Disposal
The Indianapolis Department of Public Works teams up with Indy Parks to offer residents several drop-off sites throughout the city to dispose of their live Christmas trees this season.
From December 26th until January 31st, trees can be dropped off from dusk until dawn at the following Indy Parks locations. DPW and Indy Parks would also like to remind residents to make sure all ornaments, tinsel lights and other non-organic decorative materials (including tree stands) have been removed from trees before dropping off.
A friendly reminder that DPW does not do curbside pick-up for Christmas trees. Drop-off locations for tree disposal are
- Broad Ripple Park (1610 Broad Ripple Ave.) south lot
- Ellenberger Park (5301 E. St. Clair St.) west of pool in main parking lot
- Garfield Park (2432 Conservatory Drive) MacAllister Center
- Gustafson Park (3110 Moller Road) near the front entrance
- Krannert Park (605 S. High School Road) north parking lot
- Northwestway Park (5253 W. 62nd St.) near the recycling bins
- Perry Park (451 E. Stop 11 Road) soccer field parking lot
- Riverside Park (2420 N. Riverside Drive) tennis court parking lot
- Sahm Park (6801 E. 91st St.) soccer field parking lot