This material is presented for informational purposes only. Herron-Morton Place holds no liability for inaccuracies that may be contained herein. Individuals are urged to contact the Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission for complete guidelines as may apply to your project.
The following line drawings and descriptions are meant to present several commonly known architectural styles as they are represented in Herron-Morton Place. They are meant to assist in identifying the fundamentals of a style and not to serve as a means to classify each building.
- Carpenter-Builder (1870-1910)
- Italianate Style (1860-1880)
- Stick Style (1860-1890)
- Queen Anne (1880-1910)
- Period Revival: English Picturesque (1900-1940)
- Period Revival: Colonial (1890-1940)
- American Foursquare (1900-1925)
- Craftsman Style (1900-1940)
- Apartment Building (1900-1920)