FENESTRATION: The arrangement, proportions, and design of windows, doors, and openings.
- Creative expression with fenestration is not precluded provided the result does not conflict with or draw attention from surrounding historic buildings.
- Windows and doors should be arranged on the building so as not to conflict with the basic fenestration pattern in the area.
- The basic proportion of glass to solid which is found on surrounding buildings should be reflected in new construction.
- Avoid window openings which conflict with the proportions and directionality of those typically found on surrounding historic buildings.
- Avoid window pane patterns which conflict with those on surrounding historic buildings.